The Home tab shows recent HOOTS published by your Hoot-circle of friends. Scroll through them and PLAY the ones that catch your interest. Like, Comment to make your opinion known!
The button on the top right is the shortest way to the camera screen. Use this to add media to your currently active Hoot. You can shoot a new pic or video, or simply add one from the gallery. Your currently active HOOT is the Hoot that you have last modified. And the button will allow you to add pics to it, automatically. The Hoot's title displayed on the Camera screen will remind you of which Hoot you are adding to.
If you have not created a hoot as yet, the button will simply create a new hoot for you!
So, keep shooting... to spawn your latest HOOT!
- Slide to select between the Photo and Video option
- Use the to click a pic or shoot a video
- Or pick one from the Gallery
This is the EDIT screen where you can edit all the items if required, before you actually add them to the hoot. Click on the to edit a selected image. Use the Image Filters to add interesting effects to the image. If a video is selected then the will open it for trimming. Use the to delete any item from the hoot. Use the to finally add these items to the hoot.
Once you add one or more items, you will see them being uploaded to the Hoot Timeline. While we are uploading you can continue adding more items by using the button or the icon.
While on the timeline you can reorder the items by simply drag-and-drop. Once you have completed adding items to the HOOT, click on the icon on the top right to SAVE your changes. For a newly created Hoot, a will take you to the Hoot title screen. Once saved, you will reach your Profile page where you can see the updated Hoot, with its changes waiting to be published.
- Now that you have added items to a new hoot, let's add some hoot info...
- Enter a short description for your hoot.
- By switching ON the "Show Cover Image" button a title slide will show as the first screen on the hoot.
- Select suitable background music.
- Click on SAVE to save the hoot.
- OR use the to go back to the timeline.
Your Profile contains everything that is your own...
- Profile Pic - click to edit it at any time
- Background Video - a short video that will be seen by others when viewing your Profile, just as you see it yourself.
- Here is a list of your own Hoots.
- Preview/Play any of your own Hoots by clicking on the button shown on every Hootl.
- Publish the Hoot to the world: Use the button to publish the hoot or any changes made to the hoot. Only after Publish will your friends be able to view the hoot on their Home page. Note that a Hoot may take a few minutes to completely publish.
- After a Hoot is published it can again be removed from the world-view using the button.
- View more options on a hoot to Edit, Delete, Share and Download. The Share and Download options will be visible only if the Hoot is published.
- Instead of being visible to all your Hoot friends, you can use the PRIVATE switch to make a Hoot private. This will allow it to be visible to chosen users only.
- Click on checkbox to show hoot only to few friends
- Click on to save the follower list.
As the name suggests, here is where you can see all your friends, i.e. all those whose Hoots you can see. Here, you can also see the count of any Friend requests you have sent that are still pending approval. Click on it to see the list. To add more Friends, use the Discover tab.
- Followers Tab - shows all those who follow you... i.e. users who can see your hoots. In case your profile is Private, you will receive requests from users who wish to follow you. The count of any pending Follower requests that you have received are seen here. These are requests that are waiting for your approval. Click on it to see the list and approve/reject.
- On the top left corner of the Profile view is the Settings tab. Use this to manage your notifications, your account, and privacy settings etc. A Tutorial is also available from the Settings tab.
See the list of notifications you have received all in one place. Each notification shows you the following:
- The message details including the time it was received.
- The sender's pic clicking on which will take you to the sender's profile.
- The Hoot thumbnail clicking on which will take you to the HOOT detail from where you can even play it.
This is the section where you can browse through all public profiles and trending hoots. You can search for private users too.
- See all public Users here.
- See any User's profile by tapping the pic.
- Send a follow request by clicking button.
See trending public Hoots here. Play any hoot, or visit the owner's profile. Use the button to follow.
Discover (Invite Friend)
Tap on to invite friends to Hoot via Facebook or Google.