Effective from date: February 1, 2017
Welcome to HOOT (“Hoot”, “App”, “we” , “us” or “our”). Hoot provides fast way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform. Just snap a photo, Take a Video add comments (if you like) and share!
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Information you provide. In order to register as a user with HOOT, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook/Google login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook/Google account information, such as your public Facebook/Google profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook/Google), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about the photos of your Facebook/Google friends who might be common Facebook/Google friends with other HOOT users. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as age range and gender. If you chat with other HOOT users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for account.
Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on HOOT.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and HOOT. For example, we may send you Service-related emails. e.g., account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, intermittent updates on activities taking place on Hoot.
Discover your friends on HOOT:
- If you choose, you can use our “DISCOVER” feature to locate other people with HOOT accounts either through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites or (iii) through a search of names and usernames on HOOT.
- If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device´s contacts list, then HOOT will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using HOOT.
- If you choose to find your friends (iii) through a search of names or usernames on HOOT then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, HOOT does not have access to or control this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device´s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by HOOT.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update our application on your device or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside HOOT (or the group of companies of which HOOT is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that HOOT is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the application have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions within and outside of the Indian Sub-Continent, where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, HOOT and its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US